1. How beautifully blue the sky, The glass is rising very high
The weather has been gorgeous, and let’s hope it stays like this. The sun has certainly had his hat on recently, and there is no better place on earth than the UK in summer in the sunshine!
2. Oh, isn’t your life extremely flat With nothing whatever to grumble at!
You can send a grumpy email to the G&S Festival team to complain about, well anything to be honest! We have broad shoulders, and we have received some crackers in the last month. We promise we didn’t want to cancel the Festival and the pandemic wasn’t our fault either! You know who you are………..
3. In the dusk with light behind her (or him) She (or he) could pass for forty-three
You don’t need to do your hair, make-up or nails. You can wear joggers and a baggy jumper all day. And it doesn’t matter a jot!
4. And so thou wouldst be a jester eh?
Two hundred people are on their way back from Europe on an emergency corona flight. The captain’s voice comes over the tannoy “ladies and gentlemen; the aircraft has now reached its cruising altitude of 30,000 feet. Relax and enjoy the journey. By the way, I’m working from home”.
5. Pour, oh, pour the pirate sherry
Well no-one can see you staggering around the house. Doesn’t matter how much you pour really. Go on Frederic, top it up, we’ll think about dinner later!
Er… because you haven’t been out of the house for three months?
8. Stouter than I used to be, Still more corpulent grow I- There will be too much of me, In the coming by and by
They say that the average Brit is piling on the pounds during lockdown. But you are one of the lucky ones who can follow Judy Savournin’s “Get Fit with G&S”. This has probably been our most-watched DVD in the past couple of months, and you can see it now at gsopera.tv!
9. And everyone will say, As you walk your flowery way
Capt Tom Moore is a remarkable man. This inspirational veteran raised a staggering £32,795,065 for the NHS by walking around his garden. What a fantastic achievement. Just a pity he wasn’t a member of the “Friends of the G&S Festival”! Joke!! See number 2 – no emails PLEASE!
10. Where a will is, there’s a way
It will all end one day. We will all meet again. And the 2021 Festival will happen. Until then, just keep singing glorious Gilbert & Sullivan!